JUNE5 Gate: For industry, environment, and mechanical engineering
The rapid development of automation and the transfer of data is opening up many new possibilities for us, but also creating new challenges. While years ago we were grappling with the requirements of telecontrol technology, today we are increasingly dealing with the framework parameters of IT. In fact, these areas are converging, which has resulted in a new approach to transferring data from decentralised areas to one central application. As a general rule, the solution is required to create added value for the user throughout the entire life cycle of the connected devices.
There are two different approaches within the solution: you would like the data to be hosted locally or in the cloud. Depending on the requirements, both solutions can have advantages. You can configure the maintenance of the application yourself, outsource this service, or go for a mixed variant. You can replace your previous solution on a step-by-step basis and then enable a bigger step for growth with new business models. In return, you expect maximum flexibility from the solution on the basis of the latest technologies. Access from any location with the options of service and parameterisation through the ergonomic web frontends. Then, you are on the right track with our concept.
JUNE5 Gate at a glance
- IIOT communication platform for industry, environment, and mechanical engineering
- On premise or in the cloud
- Centralising of data from automation
- Manufacturer-independent and flexible
- Protocols and interfaces are standardised
With our JUNE5 Gate solution, we have incorporated our know-how from the field of telecontrol technology and data transmission into a new IIOT concept.
The clincher: you can integrate your existing ODP stations* into the new concept with little effort, and therefore make a saving on the majority of the costs per station.
* Applies to station types connected in series. (Ethernet requires a changed configuration)
With JUNE5 Gate, you can
- build your application in appropriate steps with almost no limits
- grow the solution according to your requirements and capacity
- convert existing areas into modern architecture
- combine old and new systems profitably in one concept
- create an overall concept that has open interfaces to all areas
- adapt service and maintenance concepts to your company
- supplement your existing automation with additional, separate measuring devices
Your benefits with JUNE5 Gate
- Cost transparency, right from the start
- Growth according to your possibilities
- Low investment requirement for the integration of old systems
- Open standards with secure communication
- Open use of differing PLC manufacturers or other devices
- Integration of communication-capable micro devices / embedded devices / individual sensors
- On premise or in the cloud – with the option to change
The device installed in the external stations communicates with the IIOT station on site, e.g. via Modbus or OPC UA. This IOT station transfers the data, via DSL and the secure MQTT protocol, for example, to the central JUNE5 Gate application. From there, the data goes to the areas in which it is processed further. Ideally, the overall application is a JUNE5 ECO system, so as to make full use of all the advantages of this solution. Long-term archiving, HMI SCADA, reporting and analysis or alerting. From here onwards, any further processing is straightforward and convenient. In the JUNE5 ECO system, all information is clearly available in the individual dashboard.
JUNE5 Gate overview of functions
REMOTE ACCESS, ALMOST INFINITELY EXPANDABLE, SERVICE OF STATIONS
Thanks to the sophisticated and secure web technology, you can access your application or the end devices from any location, with the HMI Web SCADA atvise®, for example. The application is designed so that it can be expanded almost endlessly, allowing you to optimally expand and scale the service of your stations.
STANDARD COMPONENTS – ALMOST ANY PLC POSSIBLE
To achieve the maximum flexibility, standard components and current, widespread interfaces have been used right from the start. This means that it will also be possible to integrate almost any PLC or device into this concept in the future.
THE MODERN SERVICE PORTAL
To process the data as smoothly as possible, an OPC UA server has been used at the interface. This communication standard makes the information to be processed available. As a second way of further processing the data, an export data archive (CSV) is available. To ensure the optimum processing and turn data into information, we recommend the JUNE5 ECO system.
Analyses, reports and optional SCADA information are compiled in the individual dashboard and enable the operator to make all decisions on an optimised basis.