IRMA® OT-EVAL: The right step towards security
A simple was of assessing
your OT security status
The efficient protection of the grown information technology of production facilities against threats such as cyber attacks, internal manipulation or faulty configurations is an increasing requirement – for both people and technology. This is because these threats can result in system failures or even a complete production standstill.
Security is the goal!
We have developed a concept for getting started with Operational Technology (OT) security so that you can approach this goal, gain experience, and better assess your production/plant. Away from perceived security – towards the facts, the current state of affairs.
The evaluation is carried out by using the IRMA® Security Appliance to independently record and analyse the assets, devices and their data connections. Based on this up-to-date information, our network and OT security specialist evaluate possible threats and risks with you.
What kind of projects is this professional evaluation particularly useful for?
- You wish to safeguard yourself from cyber risks
- You (or a company in your industry) had an incident or have older automation equipment in use
- You need decision support for further investments / upgrades
- You need a certification or must meet the requirements of the IT Security Act (IT-SiG)
- … or the efficient assessments of risks based on the up-to-date overview of all devices and systems
Results in the IRMA® OT-EVAL package
- Immediate overview and transparency of your IT/OT devices and systems
- Visibility of anomalies during the evaluation period
- List of results and recommended measures
- Evidence that the security process has begun
- Risk analysis of the highly critical findings
Your benefits of IRMA® OT-EVAL
- Immediate availability of the analysis results
- Planning of further, prioritised safety measures on the basis of the clear analysis results
- Access to OT security specialists who actively support you in every step of the evaluation process
Roadmap: IRMA® OT-EVAL – procedure and details
1 | PREPARATION AND ASSISTED INSTALLATION OF THE IRMA® SECURITY APPLIANCE
In advance, the optimum measurement location within the plant is identified over the phone and the steps for on-site installation are discussed. The pre-installed security appliance is posted to you.
2 | TRANSPARENCY AND INSIGHT
Together, we inspect the immediately visible data from the devices and systems with a detailed representation of the communications and protocols used, directly after installation.
3 | MONITORING AND ALERTING
The processes are continually recorded by way of cognitive analysis of communications. Anomalies are detected immediately and users are alerted.
4 | DATA ANALYSIS
Together with an OT security and network specialist, you can analyse the collected data to determine what anomalies exist and the measures that can be derived from this.
5 | PRESENTATION OF RESULTS
At the end of the measurement period, the collected results of the analysis and recommendations for measures are presented.
6 | REPORT
Electronic report on the devices and communications found, and the result of the initial risk assessment.
7 | PROOF OF THE SECURITY PROCESS
You can choose whether the risk analysis reports are to be continued in accordance with ISO 27005 or, for example, the B3S Water/Wastewater standard.
Security assessment and risk minimisation as a savings potential for the company
This is the start of the security management process. Passive monitoring enables data to be recorded quickly and without retroactive effect. All information is available for risk analysis and further documentation with little effort. Immediate improvements in availability and revaluations of risk provisions are possible.
· Assessment of the OT security status within 30 days
· Support from experienced OT security specialists for 8 hours throughout the period
· Use of the IRMA® Security Appliance on site
· Optional: Risk analysis according to ISO 27005
Eine professionelle Evaluation des Status Ihrer OT-Sicherheit ist für Sie genau das Richtige? Dann sprechen Sie uns gerne an.