DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Version Mai 2018
Principles of data processing at VIDEC Data Engineering GmbH
You came to this page via a link because you want to inform yourself about our handling of (your) personal data. In order to fulfil our duty to provide information in accordance with Art. 12 ff. of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are pleased to provide you with the following information on data protection:
Who is responsible for data processing?
Responsible in the sense of data protection law is
VIDEC Data Engineering GmbH
You will find further information about our company, details of the authorised representatives and other contact details in our imprint on our website: To Legal Notice
Which of your data will be processed by us? And for what purposes?
If we have received data from you, we will only process it for the purposes for which we have received or collected it.
Data processing for other purposes can only be considered if the legal provisions required in this respect pursuant to Art. 6 para. 4 GDPR are available. In this case, we will of course comply with any information requirements pursuant to Art. 13 para. 3 GDPR and Art. 14 para. 4 GDPR.
What is the legal basis for this?
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is in principle – insofar as there are no specific legal provisions – Art. 6 GDPR. The following possibilities are particularly worth considering here:
- Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR)
- Data processing for the fulfilment of contracts (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR
- Data processing on the basis of a balance of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR)
- Data processing to fulfil a legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR)
If personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
If we process data on the basis of a balance of interests, you as the data subject have the right to object to the processing of personal data, taking into account the provisions of Art. 21 GDPR.
How long is the data stored?
We process the data as long as this is necessary for the respective purpose.
Insofar as statutory retention obligations exist – e.g. in commercial law or tax law – the personal data concerned will be stored for the duration of the retention obligation. After expiry of the retention obligation, the system checks whether there is a further requirement for processing. If a requirement no longer exists, the data will be deleted.
In principle, we carry out an examination of data towards the end of a calendar year with a view to the requirement for further processing. On the basis of the amount of data, this check is made with regard to specific types of data or processing purposes.
Of course, you may at any time (see below) request information about the personal data stored by us and, in the event of a non-existent requirement, request that the data be deleted or that processing be restricted.
To which recipients is the data passed on?
A passing on of your personal data to third parties only takes place if this is necessary for the execution of the contract with you, if the passing on is permissible on the basis of a weighing of interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, if we are legally obliged to the passing on or if you have given your consent in this respect.
Where is the data processed?
Your personal data will be processed directly at VIDEC Data Engineering GmbH.
Your rights as “persons concerned”
- You have the right to information about the personal data processed by us to your person. In the case of a request for information that is not made in writing, we ask for your understanding that we may then require proof from you that you are the person you claim to be.
- Furthermore, you have a right to correction or deletion or to restriction of the processing, insofar as you are legally entitled to do so.
- Furthermore, you have a right of objection against the processing within the framework of legal requirements. The same applies to a right to data transferability.
- In particular, you have a right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 and 2 GDPR against the processing of your data in connection with direct advertising, if this is based on a balance of interests.
Our Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer for our company. You can reach them under the following contact options:
VIDEC Data Engineering GmbH
Data Protection Officer
Right of appeal
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of personal data.